Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Flower Shop Week: Day 3

I absolutely love this card. I made it at the shoebox swap at our Demonstrator getaway last weekend. The original card had a border that was embossed with the Woodgrain TIEF, but I want to use this design for my card club this Sunday, and since there is already embossing, I tried to keep it simple with the premade woodgrain pattern on the Natural Composition Specialty Paper
This paper is so cool. Just look at all the patterns!

Anyway, for the easel card, I cut the Basic Black paper at a traditional 4 ¼ by 5 ½ card base, an then I trimmed ½ inch in from each side up 1 1/2 inches. 

The Natural Composition Woodgrain paper was trimmed to 1/2" and then cut to fit around the border of the card, leaving the square opening for the sentiment. 

TIP: Stamp and emboss your sentiment on the Basic Black cardstock before you adhere the woodgrain border. It just makes the whole process easier. 

At the swap, we all decided this would be a great design for a teacher appreciation card, too.

The sentiment was heat embossed using Stampin' Emboss Powder in White, and the stamp is from the current 2014 Occasions Catalog: "My Mother"

The Flower Shop stamp was inked with Real Red. Oh, and there's that Bird Builder Punch again! It's so perfect for all leaves.

Well, that's all for now. Check in tomorrow for the next installment in Flower Shop Week!




No comments:

Post a Comment