Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stamp Club Project

Today's project is directly inspired by my friend and designer, Brenda White David, who wanted to make a card that looked like a front door. She had the idea of making the raised panels, but she wasn't sure how to execute them. I thought about it, did a little Googling, and this is what I came up with.

I LOVE how this came out so much that I decided to make 15 of them for my card swap on Friday. My goal is always to win “best swap,” but my expectations and the realities often don't collide. I’ll let you know.

I also love it so much, it is one of the three Stamp Club projects we are doing this weekend. If you're interested in the club, let me know; I'd love to share the fun.

The material list for this card is almost entirely new products from the Holiday Catalog.
  1. First, I stamped the Hardwood background in Whisper White Craft Ink on a piece of Baked Brown Sugar cardstock cut at 4” by 5 ¼”. I sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake for depth. 
  2. Then I cut six pieces of Baked Brown Sugar: 4 pieces are 1 ¼ by 1 ½ inches, and the two smaller pieces are 1 ¼ by 1 inch. These are the raised panels.
  3. I then laid them out and stamped the Hardwood on them. I thought it was easier to do it this way than to stamp the paper and then cut the pieces. I don’t really know why; I just did. 
  4. I sponged them, too and then popped them with dimensionals.
For the wreath, my inks are Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze.

The part that really makes the card work is the door knob: TheAntique Brads. They are gorgeous! You get 20 for only $5.95. Worth every penny to me!


The inside of the card uses a sentiment and background stamp from For All Things

Here is the complete material list:


I hope you like today's project. If you do, leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!






No comments:

Post a Comment