Wednesday, December 17, 2014

On the 10th Day of Christmas . . .

Alison brought to me a food-safe bag full of cand-eeee!

I used our food-safe poly-lined Petite Cafe Gift Bags to hold some homemade candies for today's gift. In my head, this was an easy project. Turns out, I learned a few tricks that I will share with you.

Front

Tag (using the leftover star, of course!)

Back
I used my Stars Framelits Dies to cut out the holes in the bag. What's great about the framelits is that you can put them anywhere, unlike punches. The stars come in 5 different sizes:


I used the second smallest for this project.

The first thing I learned is that I have to open the bag before I run it through the Big Shot:


I didn't want holes on the sides of my bag, so first lesson learned.

Second lesson?


I was quite happy with myself on this second go around. The framelit came out clean with no side holes. I was getting ready to put my window sheet in when I realized I needed 3 cups of candy to fill it so the contents could be seen (not to mention I had little room to fold down the top).

As a result, here is the next lesson:


So, how do you run it through the Big Shot with the bag open? Well, you don't run it through entirely. Here's the last tip:


I just got new, unscratched sandwich plates. Aren't they shiny? It's the little things.

So there you go. Once you get the kinks worked out, it was quick and fun.

Here are the supplies I used for this project:
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great one and until next time, stay crafty!


Alison




No comments:

Post a Comment