Thursday, December 11, 2014

On the 6th Day of Christmas . . .

Alison brought to me a cocoa packet decorated nicely!



Sometimes I worry that the exterior of my gifts sets up unrealistic expectations about what's inside. This is just a simple cocoa packet, but you'd never know that from looking at the package.

And, as usual, the photo really doesn't do this justice. It shimmers and glimmers and sparkles all prettily. 



I used the Gold Soiree Designer Series Paper that was on sale during the extravaganza. I hadn't seen it in person before, and it is beautiful! It's a thinner paper that has a sheen to it. It's not glitter, but it's not flat. It's really special.

Here's a picture of the gold inside:

It's not gold colored--it's really more like gold foil but not "shiny"--just "sheeny."

I made the envelope/bag using my handy-dandy Envelope Punch Board. It's really easy to use. Tip: With more delicate papers (like this one), be careful not to push too hard with your scoring tool. A light touch is all you need (I'll give you one guess how I know this)

Of course gifts need tags, so I pulled out my Merry Everything stamp set and my Note Tag Punch (Spoiler!! You will want the Note Tag Punch for the upcoming Occasions Catalog. Just trust me.)


I stamped the tag in Real Red, then again in Garden Green. I cut out the "Everything" and popped it up with dimensionals. The stars were punched using Gold Foil and the Confetti Stars Punch.

I wrapped the whole thing with the yummy Gold Satin Ribbon and then tied the tag on with the Gold ⅛ inch Ribbon.
I hope my stamp club members like this because it's one of our projects this month.

Thanks for checking out today's project. Don't forget to also see the Hot Deals this week and the other Days of Christmas by clicking the links below. 

Have a super day, and, until next time, stay crafty!

Alison





No comments:

Post a Comment