Friday, April 18, 2014

Life in the Forest: Day 5

The last day of Life in the Forest week should go out with a bang, so I saved the best for last. 

Today, a fox is peeking out of his foxhole! What a cutie!


The first step was to take my front piece in Crumb Cake and squish it all up in my hands to soften the fibers. Don't be afraid! This makes it look more "woodsy." Then, I ran it through the Big Shot using my Woodgrain TIEF, which was inked with Early Espresso.

Then, I estimated where my little fox would poke out his head and then punched the foxhole circle using my 1 3/8" circle punch. Then, I punched the same size circle on a piece of Early Espresso, and then lined up the larger 1 3/4" circle punch around it to make the hole outline. 

Trick: When gluing little pieces like this, I use my tape runner on the silicone craft sheet.The glue only sticks to the paper, not the silicone!

I used the fringe scissors to make the flower stems, and a flower punch from the punch pack for the yellow blooms. The Real Red centers are leftover pieces from a hole punch!

The sentiment is from the "Oh, Hello" set, and I used the Word Bubble Framelits to cut it out.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoyed this weeks' projects!

(If you did, and want them for yourself, please check out the Cards of the Week and the Stamp of the Week and Projects Bundle)

Have a great day and stay crafty!




No comments:

Post a Comment