Thursday, July 10, 2014

Too Kind Day 3 Squared!

Since I missed Monday's post because I was recovering from the previous two weeks, today I am doubling up on projects to show off this gorgeous stamp set. I must be subconsciously pining for a getaway because I cannot seem to stop making palm trees with this set. As soon as I tell myself, "That is IT! Make some flowers!" I think of another idea, so I give up. Here are some more palm trees:

This project uses a "painter's tape" technique. We are actually going to make this tonight at my stamp club. It's messy work, but messy hands shows you're having fun, right?

 
First, I embossed the palm trees in black, and then used many, many colors to ink up the tape and layer different colors until I got the effect I liked. 




For this one, I used a brayer for the background. I first used Sahara Sand over the whole piece of cardstock. Then, I used Tangerine Tango in varying degrees to get the sky. For the sun, I sponged Daffodil Delight through a circle mask I made by punching a 1 3/8" circle punch through a piece of cardstock. Finally, the fringe was made with the fringe scissors and Crumb Cake cardstock.


I hope you like today's projects! If you want to see more weekly projects, please check out the "Stamp of the Week" or the "Cards of the Week" tabs at the top of this page.

And don't forget to check back tomorrow for the last post of "Too Kind" week. I promise it will be a flower!

Until next time,

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment