Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Weekend

Wow! What a week and weekend. I am sure most of you had similarly busy times, but I am beat!

First, my mom and grandma came for the 4th of July and played kickball with the kids (yes, even my 89-year-old grandma!).




Then we had our delicious treats that I had made with the Paper Pumpkin kit. Annie discovered you can attach the pinwheels to headbands for more patriotic fun.

Displaying photo 1.JPG

Displaying photo 2.JPG

But then, the fun didn't stop there. The next day, we had more visitors!

Grandma and Grandpa Stachera came on their way to Taos. So jealous! 

While they were here, we tried new recipes, explored new places and played lots of games. Yesterday, we visited Lincoln's New Salem, which is Abraham Lincoln's first adult home in Springfield before he went into politics. It's only 30 minutes away, and it's a great place to explore on a beautiful summer day. We had great photo opportunities and thoroughly enjoyed our day there.


But wait, there's more! Today, my husband and I celebrate our anniversary! Lucky 13. I don't know about him, but I am hoping for a little quiet and rest.

I will try to post today's project, but if it doesn't happen today, just wait for tomorrow. I have a great one.

Thanks for visiting. Until next time,

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment