Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth!

We are having the most lovely summer so far. We just got back from our Chicago adventure and then were thrilled to have family come the very next day!



 My mother-in-law (isn't she just gorgeous?!) got to spend some time here, and we were happy, happy, happy to see her. While she was here, we made some fourth of July treats for today. We aren't having a "party" per se, but we are doing Fourth of July "things." This evening, my mom and grandma will come over and share food with us, so we wanted to make it festive.

Enter the June Paper Pumpkin. I love this kit. Are you kidding me?! 24 pinwheels, 24 paper straws, 20 paper banners, 24 food-safe baggies, baker's twine, 24 silver brads, 24 silver clips, 96 mini glue dots, plus "Pinwheel Party" photopolymer stamp and a Night of Navy ink spot! WOW!




I wanted something the kids could help with, so we dipped pretzels in chocolate and then added candies. YUM.


Now, here is the moral to the story:

When a mother figure says, "Don't you want to put those on a cookie sheet before you move them into the dining room?" you should say, "yes, ma'am. I think I should." 

You should not say, "Oh, it'll be fine. If I drop them, the dog will have a special treat." You know why?

Because the dog'll get a special treat.



And that, my friends, is your Fourth of July Lesson. Happy Birthday USA!

Until next time,

Alison




No comments:

Post a Comment