Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Fun Day!

This week has been exciting and BUSY! I started back to work this week. I don't take pictures of myself on MY first day of school (now that I think about it, I don't know why not. Maybe I would get more excited about going back to work if I made a little production out of it!). Instead, here's picture of our kids on their first day. Much better.

Displaying photo.JPGThis first week has been a tornado of morning chaos, homework whining, food preparation, thunderstorm anxieties and new class jitters. Even though I've been teaching college writing classes for 18 years, I still get butterflies the first day.

It went great, though, and I’m excited to fill more brains with writing tips, tricks and confidence, but wow. I’m wiped out!

However, I am back in my happy place today and ready to craft! Believe it or not, I had the projects for this week all ready to go, but I simply didn't have the time to post them. Now that I have a better handle on the rhythm of the week, I know how to manage my time better for next week, so yay for that!




Here are two more projects for the week:


I designed this one to look like a gift. My favorite part of this card is the embossing around the edge. It's the Filigree Frame Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, which is a new product from the Holiday Catalog. It's such an easy way to give projects a "WOW" factor.

If you don’t already have a tool to that allows you to emboss, this is a great time to buy the BIG SHOT. Until August 31st, if you buy the Big Shot, you can choose a FREE bundle of stamps and framelits! Whoo hoo!


 Anyway, back to the project. Here is the material list for this project:


Now, on to the next project!

We have kids, and those kids have AMAZING teachers. I am always looking for ways to show them how much we appreciate them. I am getting a head start on the Halloween treats for Ms. Longanecker and Ms. Godefroid. I hope they like candy because that's what's going in this envelope. My favorite part of this is that I used the Flower Patch DSP. I tell ya, that DSP is becoming my favorite. I can't believe how versatile it's been for all seasons!

But that washi tape along the belly band? That's the surprise product of this whole project. It's Christmas washi! I know, I know! How cool is that? It's one of the FIVE rolls of washi you get with the All Is Calm Designer Washi pack. One of them is gray and white stripes, which works perfectly with the All Is Calm suite of products, but it also works for Halloween!


Of course, the envelope was made with the amazing envelope punch board. This envelope is 3 X 5. 

Here is the product list for this project:
Thank you so much for looking, and being patient with me this week. I hope this makes up for it!

Remember, you can always make these projects yourself by ordering the Stamp of the Week. If you contact me, I will order the stamp for you, package all these completed projects that I featured this week, and mail it all to you. 

Don't want to make it yourself? No problem. Just order the Cards of the Week, and I'll send you all the completed projects. Click on the tabs at the top of this blog for more information about those programs.

Thanks again, and until next time,

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment