Friday, August 8, 2014

Kinda Eclectic Day 5

Today's project is a result of pure stubbornness.

I was thinking about stamping a whole bunch of the sunbursts in different colors across the front of a card, kinda like a rainbow.

Well, that looked awful.

But I really wanted to do something with the sunburst in multi-colors. I was not going to let it go!

I got out my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I seriously don't know what I'd do without that tool. I pulled out three colors I liked together: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Strawberry Slush. Then I stamped the sunburst three times, once in each color, lining each color up with my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I still didn't know what I was going to do with it. It was pretty, but now what?

I cut it out with my Circle Framelits. Better.

It was starting to become something like a flower, but it needed depth. I used my Paper Snips to cut toward the center. I didn't cut all the way, so it wouldn't fall apart. For extra stability, I added a Strawberry Slush circle behind it, and a Crisp Cantaloupe and Strawberry Slush center to the front. Of course a Rhinestone finishes it off.

Every flower needs a stem, so I cut a piece of DSP from the Flowerpot collection.

The "Hello Love" stamp is from a set that will be available as a hostess set in the Seasonal Catalog. I brightened it up with a strip of Silver Foil Sheet that I embossed with my Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate.

Now that I think about it, there are a lot of tools used on this project!




And then, of course, the inside and envelope needed a little decorating.

Thank you for looking! Next week, I will show off a new stamp set, so be sure to check back!

Until next time,

Alison

Interested in the Stamp of the Week? Click on the "Stamp of the Week" tab at the top of this page. Interested in just the projects without the stamp? Click on the "Cards of the Week" tab at the top of this page.




No comments:

Post a Comment