Monday, October 20, 2014

Refined Fall Card

I just can't come up with a good name for this card! It's driving me bonkers because this card deserves more. I love this project. It captures everything good about fall: the warmth, the tenderness, the shades, the serenity. Yes. I know. It's just a card. But I really like this one.



Believe it or not, the woodgrain paper is from the Motley Monsters DSP.  I was surprised, too! 

It worked perfectly against the Soft Suede cardstock base layer. I cut a 2 inch strip of Sahara Sand and stamped the acorns (Sahara Sand and Soft Suede) and leaves (Hello Honey) using the For All Things stamp set and then added a little texture with the Gorgeous Grunge splatter in Cajun Craze.

The "Grateful for You" sentiment is stamped on Soft Suede in Early Espresso and then punched using the Decorative Label Punch. I then sponged around the edge using Early Espresso. 

I tied it all off with the VenetianCrotchet Trim and an acorn from the Autumn Wooden Elements and some Linen Thread.

I hope you like it. Maybe you have a better name for this card. I'd love to hear it!

Thanks for looking, and until next time, stay crafty!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment