Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What's in the pumpkin patch?

When Linus is in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin, I get chills every time. The sky. The pumpkins. The dark. The lack of hypocrisy! It is one of my favorites. This card was inspired by that scene.

It's a diorama card, which is super easy and lays flat for mailing and stuffing in an envelope.

I took two pieces of Night of Navy cut at 5 ½ by 4 ¼ and scored from each end at ¾  and 1 inch. Lesson: Don't adhere your front and back together until you build your scene! 

I used the square framelits to cut the opening out of the front piece. The pumpkins were three ovals (Large Oval Punch) punched out of Pumpkin Pie cs and then I scored each oval with my scoring board. I suppose I could have scored the paper before I punched it, but that would have made the task too easy, and I'm always over-complicating things. 







The ghost is just Whisper White with the Owl Builder Punch. I sponged lots of Neutrals over the whole thing--mostly Early Espresso and Soft Suede along with Tangerine Tango. The "Boo to You" is from the Good Greetings set which you can still earn when you have a party of $300 or more.

I SO love this time of year. Thanks for sharing my daily dose of fall.

Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment