Friday, November 21, 2014

Puppy Love

We are dog-lovers in this house. Well, the kids and I are, anyway. I grew up with dogs, but my hubby didn't. He was pretty adamant about not getting a dog. We'd always had cats, but I knew how important our family dog was to us when I was growing up, and I really REALLY wanted a dog. 

I often snuck over to the shelter and walked through looking at all the sweet pups. It was so hard to walk out! One day, I called my husband from the shelter and asked him to meet me there sans kiddos. 

I had found our dog.

Eric finally relented. Even he couldn't resist this black lab's soft-hearted nature. Dinah has been the perfect match for us.




So, when I heard my dog-loving cousin Kati was coming to visit, I knew it was finally time to buy Hot Diggity Dog. We'd have fun playing with it; plus, I knew I'd use it for gifts. I was right! It's adorable!

For my craft fair, I made doggy lover's gifts, and they were a hit. I have some more left (which are for sale on my "Items for Sale" page), and I will be making more for friends and the volunteers at the local shelter.

Just look at that adorable face.

To make this, I stamped his body on the Whisper White tag and then stamped his head on another piece of Whisper White. I colored using markers in Crumb Cake, Real Red and Garden Green. His head was fussy cut and then dimensionalized atop his body. The background paper and sentiment are Night of Navy. 

If you would like to reproduce this for all your puppy-loving friends, just click on the image below to be sent to my online store. It will ship right to your door!
Thanks for checking out today's post. 

Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment