Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mug Shot

Yesterday, I showed how to make a teacup out of the Curvy Keepsake Thinlit, so today, I will show another project using the same idea. 

It's another "scrap" day. I have lots of pieces of my Under the Tree DSP left after running it through the thinlit. I love this paper so much that there was no way I was going to toss it. I had to find a way to use it. Tah dah!


The strips are random sizes, and I adhered them to the Very Vanilla base then trimmed the ends once they were all glued on. Before putting on my teacup, I stamped the "steam" using the chevron stamp from Work of Art in Soft Suede. The heart is also from Work of Art and was stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla and then "fussy cut" and dimensionalized. Hmm. Funny how the computer doesn't know that word.


On the inside, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to make a pocket. Sorry, I didn't measure. I just took a scrap and made sure it was 4 1/4 wide. Then I placed another scrap of Under the Tree DSP along the top and stuck a tea bag inside. The sentiment is also from Work of Art and stamped in Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler. 

What a cute token gift for a teacher, a friend, an office assistant, bus driver, mail carrier, or a total stranger. Why not? Just carry it around and hand it to someone who looks like she needs it.

Thanks for looking today. Check back again to see more inspiration. Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison 

No comments:

Post a Comment