Monday, March 28, 2016

Sale-a-Bration Countdown Day #2

Today's post shows off the "Cherry on Top" set and a background technique using Stampin' Up!'s masks (stencils).


Isn't that cute? That bit of twine hanging down is bugging me now. I want to take a pair of paper snips to it, but oh well. The photo's already taken!

Oh yeah, the masks . . . So, these are a phenomenal deal. This particular mask came from the "Happy Patterns" set. You will get 4 masks for only $6!
Just look at the cute projects you can make: 

For my project, I just used a sponge (a dauber might provide sharper lines, but I like the efficiency of a sponge) with more ink at the top of the background and then eased up a bit on the saturation further down. I like the ombre effect.

**Disclaimer! I know I saw this idea on someone's blog, but I have looked everywhere and now I can't find it. If someone knows from whom I CASE'd this idea, please let me know!

Here is my supply list for this project:

Happy Patterns Decorative Masks
: $6
Apple Of My Eye Photopolymer Stamp Set: $21
Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes: $6
Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack: $22
Basic Black,
Wild Wasabi, Real Red ink/paper





Thank you for stopping by today. I hope I inspired you to play with your goodies. And don't forget: 

Sale-a-Bration is nearly over! There are only 3 more days to get free, exclusive stamps, paper, and accessories! 
Have fun shopping. Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment