Saturday, October 29, 2016

Emma's Birthday Card

Annie's best friend, Emma, turned 12 in September, but she wanted a Halloween birthday, so they celebrated last night in costume. Emma's mom, Dena, has been stamping with me for years, and she did an incredible job decorating her house to haunt and scare. She handed out the adorable test tube treats from the September Paper Pumpkin, too! The kids loved it!

As the daughter of a crafter, I know Emma will always appreciate a little extra work on her cards. Annie picked out a gift card for Emma from Target, and the one she picked featured a kitty cat.

Annie said we should make her card a peek-a-boo, so the cat face could be seen. I thought that was so smart!

Here's the finished project (excuse the lighting--it was a last-minute creation, and I was just glad to get a picture before Annie walked out the door). 




And then when she opens it, here is the inside:



I ran the front of the card through the Big Shot using the largest of the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, then ran it through again with the Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

Then I used my dauber to place Versamark on the polka dots and then poured some Heat and Stick Powder over the Versamarked dots. Once I heated the powder with my Heat Tool, it got sticky (hence its name!) so when I poured Dazzling Diamonds over the card front, it only stuck to the sticky dots! 

To set the Dazzling Diamonds (so they don't get everywhere), I ran my Heat Tool over the card front again, and the glitter set in place. I could then use a paintbrush to get rid of any stray flakes.

Annie loved it, and when Emma saw it, she squealed.


That's what it's all about!


Happy birthday, Emma dear!

Thank you for stopping by. Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment