Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Stampin' Up! and Ball Jar Fun!

I'm hopping on the Ball Jar bandwagon a little late, but better late than never, right?

I've been experimenting with different techniques, and I have some tips to share.


First, let me expound on the versatility of vinyl. I do not have a Cricut or Silhouette, so I can't cut out vinyl letters or shapes like other crafty folks. However, I DO have a Big Shot and Stampin' Up!'s awesome dies and framelits.

Enter the "Star of Light" stamp set and framelits bundle. It's SO pretty.

I bought a roll of white vinyl at a craft store in town, and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Star of Light framelits. I then placed the vinyl stars on plain ball jars and painted. 

Here are some of the materials you'll need (I forgot the vinyl or the very important Mod Podge).



Step 1: Place the vinyl star where you want it on the jar

Step 2: Paint the jar--go right over the vinyl 



Step 3: Peel off the vinyl (this is so fun!)


Step 4: Embellish with Craft Rope Trim and a Pine Bough cut from the Christmas Pines Bundle



And . . . voila!


Tip: I learned that if you leave the jar like this, the paint scrathces off pretty easily. If you go over the whole jar with a generous brushing of Mod Podge, it seals the paint and looks really nice. 

Then, if you want to have more fun, you can spray a plain jar with this really cool product from Krylon that makes the glass look frosty, not opaque, so the light inside still glows through. I did two coats, and it really worked beautifully. No drips, and once dry, it's really durable--no scratching! And the best part is that the vinyl sticks right to it!


I hope you are finding many things to be thankful for this week; my list keeps growing and growing. Thank you all for stopping by, and I hope you were inspired today to do something fun.

Don't forget that this week you can take advantage of sales through the ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA and the 25% OFF STITCHED FROM THE HEART stamps. If you don't already have a demonstrator, I would love to be your creative coach. For every $40 you spend, I will send you a Thank You and a surprise gift!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment