Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Minecraft Party!

Well, I guess I have been out of the loop because I was not aware of the Minecraft frenzy. Our five-year-old son has not yet reached the Minecraft age, apparently, but I have been told to just give him time. Minecraft seems to be everywhere these days, and my daughter's friend had a Minecraft themed birthday last weekend. I googled some images and used parts of his invitation on this pyramid card. The pyramid design is so versatile, and I can't wait to keep using it. Just wait for Christmas--I'm making this into a tree! My son also wants me to make him a spaceship one. The possibilities are endless. The assembly is pretty simple: 

  1. Take 3 4x4 squares and score each down the middle on the diagonal (the hypotenuse!)
  2. Place one of the squares in front of you with the score line pointing north/south
  3. Take the other two squares and align a straight edge of each along the score line of the middle square
  4. Adhere well (I used sticky strip, as this was going to an eight-year-old boy who likes Minecraft!)







The best part is that the card lays flat and fits perfectly in a standard-sized envelope. I used a small brad as the "anchor" to hold the card together in its pyramid shape; the paper just slides under the brad to lock it in. If you have used the pyramid card design, I'd love to hear your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment