Thursday, July 31, 2014

Boutique Borders Day 4

Today is the fourth day in Boutique Borders Week!


The inspiration for today’s card came from a long-time friend of my mother’s (Hi, Dianne!) who, when she saw the pattern for the bigger stamp in this three-stamp collection, remarked that it reminded her of a quilting pattern. That immediately jogged my memory of a technique I tried years ago. I don’t know if it has a name, but I’m going to call it The Quilt Block Technique (I know, my titles are so snappy).

First, I stamped the half-circle stamp in four different colors: Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist and Lost Lagoon.

Then, I punched the paper into 1-inch squares using my handy-dandy 1” square punch.

I then found patterned DSP to coordinate (NOTE: the smaller the pattern on the DSP the better, because of the scale of the project) and punched it out in squares, too. I used Flower Pot for this project.

I then laid it all out on my grid paper (love the grid paper!) until I was pleased with the pattern. Here is mine (no, I didn't clean up for you or even get out a new piece of grid paper. This is real crafting, folks!):



Next, I glued my squares on the grid paper using my glue stick. The SU! Anywhere Glue Stick is perfect for projects like this because of its rectangular shape.  





Next, I ran the who thing through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. You can use whatever embossing folder you want. 


But, embossing it is an important step because it smooshes all the pieces of paper together. I know these technical terms can be overwhelming, but just stay with me.

Finally, I used the Top Note Bigz Die to cut out the shape I wanted.


 I only need the center for this card, but don't think I won't use that frame (hint about tomorrow's project!).

Finally, after a little dressing up, this is the final project:




 The bird and sentiment come from a hostess set, called, "Hello, Love." Isn't it adorable? (You can have it by placing an order of $150 or more!)





Thanks for looking today! I hope you like today's project. Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the last day in Boutique Borders Week!

Until Then,

Alison


Interested in the Stamp of the Week? Click on the "Stamp of the Week" tab at the top of this page. Interested in just the projects without the stamp? Click on the "Cards of the Week" tab at the top of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment