Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cabbage Patch Flower

Today's project isn't a tip or trick, but it's just a fun project I made for my mom. She needed a green flower for the liturgical season. She is the interim pastor at a little Lutheran country church (she retired years ago from her full-time job at Social Security and then went to seminary to get an Associate in Ministry degree).

Anyhoo, she needed a green flower for her robe. We were getting Annie's ears pierced at Claire's, and she saw some cheap plastic flower. "Does this look nice?" she asked. "No," I said. "Let me make you a flower!"

So, I went down to my craft room and whipped up some magic.

I had the white filter sheets, so the first thing I did was run them through the Big Shot with the Floral Frames Framelits in different sizes. I think I used 8 big ones, 5 medium and 3 or 4 small. Then I spritzed them with a combination of Mossy Meadow reinker and rubbing alcohol. I set them out to dry. Result? They were too pale. I could hardly tell they were spritzed. So, I just took the Mossy Meadow and sponged it directly on the filter paper.

I think it looks like a cabbage, but it's a green flower!


Of course I couldn't just hand her the flower; I had to present it beautifully. Plus, she might want to reuse this flower someday, so I wanted her to have a place to store it. Enter the Decorative Window Gift Boxes

I added a little Mossy Meadow tag stamped with the Work of Art set and wrapped it with Gold Baker's Twine and voila!



Now, I just need a picture of her wearing it!

Have a fabulous day, and until next time, 

Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment