Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Kinda Eclectic Day 3: Halloween Haunts!

Bawhawhawhaw . . . today is all about Halloween! When I first saw the “sunburst” in this set, I knew I could do something creative with it. I didn’t know what, but I knew it was worth having around in case inspiration struck. 

I can’t really say how I thought this up. My daughter said something about it looking like the sparkle on top of a candle, and my mind was on Halloween. Something clicked and I thought of a spiderweb.

I first started with a black web on a white background. It was nice, but the spider didn’t stand out, so then I went with a silver web on an Elegant Eggplant background and it worked! A layer of Tangelo Twist underneath brightens up the whole card.

I stamped the web in Silver Encore Ink and then did the little webby parts with my Silver Dazzle Marker. It didn't take as long as it looks. In fact, I made 10 of these for my demonstrator swap. Well, my mom and I made them. She cut all the pieces and put together the spiders (what a lady!). I stamped the spiderweb, and then she timed how long it took me to draw the webby parts. Two minutes was all!

The spider is super easy too (well, I say that, but it was my mom who made them!) To make his legs, we used my oval punch and snipped slim strips and then layered them until we got the legs we wanted. A circle punch and two googly eyes later, and there he is!



If you're wondering about the sentiment (love that adorable font!), it's a sneak peek at a hostess set you can get once the Seasonal Catalog is available. I can't wait for you to see the new catalog--it is ah-mazing! I will showcase many a stamp set from it in a couple weeks!

Thank you for looking! Tomorrow I will show how to turn this set into an art deco birthday card, so be sure to check in.

Until next time,

Alison

Interested in the Stamp of the Week? Click on the "Stamp of the Week" tab at the top of this page. Interested in just the projects without the stamp? Click on the "Cards of the Week" tab at the top of this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment