Thursday, September 25, 2014

Festival of Trees Day 4: Tree Tag Shaker Tag

Today isn't a card, but a tag! If you follow my blog, you know I have a special place in my heart for homemade tags. The kids and I spend a lot of time packaging up our gifts and making special tags for each person. We try to keep Christmas simple, so one or two gifts per person makes this task manageable. It should be no surprise, then, that I had to make a tag with this great set.

You might remember that this week I used my Confetti Stars punch with the Silver Foil paper to make a shimmery element to my pop-up card (click HERE for a reminder!). Well, there’s no way I’m going to sweep those “leftover” stars in the trash! I had to use them. And what better way than in a shaker card?

This project is very simple, but you do need a variety of products.

I started with two pieces of Real Red cardstock cut to 2" by 4". I took one piece and eyeballed the center to punch my tree. Then, I adhered a piece of Window Sheet behind to make the "window." Then I cut up the Shaker Frame circles and maneuvered them around the perimeter of the tree. There can really be no gaps since the little pieces in the shaker frame are so small, and if there are gaps, you'll have little sparklies all over the place. Then I put my leftover stars and some pieces from the Frosted Sequins "pretties" inside the frame and adhered the other piece of Real Red paper on the back.

I stamped in Silver Encore Ink and then placed an All Is Calm Snowflake up top with a piece of silver Baker's twine silver ribbon that I stripped off.

I really like how it turned out, and the kids loved shaking it. I kept telling them to go easy on it since I hadn't taken a picture yet, but they were pretty excited. It stood up nicely, too! It's a toy, it's a tag!

Thank you for looking! Please check out my online programs, including the Stamp of the Week where you can get all the projects featured this week and the Stamp and Punch bundle at a really great price!

Thanks for looking,

Alison











No comments:

Post a Comment