Friday, September 5, 2014

Holiday Home Day 5

Today is the last day in Holiday Home Week, but I expect you'll be seeing more from this set because I just can't get enough of it.

Today, I wanted to make a teacher gift for my kids’ two teachers. They’re amazing, and I know it’s hard starting a new year. I got this idea through a combination of events. First, my lovely daughter came home wearing a “brag tag” because she had done something good. That made me think that the teachers needed some kind of reward to hand out when the kiddos make good choices. Then, today was the field trip to the bookstore to reward the kids for reading at least 20 minutes every day during the summer. BINGO! Bookmarks. They’re quick and easy, plus they incentivize the right thing (unlike candy!).


But, alas, this post is not about the bookmark. It’s about the container the bookmarks will be in! When I saw the little houses, I thought of a Little Red Schoolhouse. I used my blendabilities to color this in, and I really LOVE how it turned out. These blendabilities are fantastic. I made a box using my handy-dandy new box maker (2 ½ by 2 ½ by 4 inches) and then sponged on the Whisper White ink to make it look like a chalkboard. Then I just popped the house on the outside and stamped the sentiment using A Dozen Thoughts.

 I'll decorate the bookmarks another day and show them off later.


Thanks for looking today. Next week, we'll start a whole new round of projects, so make sure to check back for more ideas!

Until then, stay crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment