Monday, October 6, 2014

Paper Play and Punch Art: Flower Fair Turkey

This week, I'd like to show off how to use our punches and framelits in new ways. We can do so much more with these tools that they were designed for, and here is my first example:


Isn't he cute? I was surprised how much I already knew about a turkey's anatomy! I kind of surprised myself. All the feathers on this turkey, his feet and the wattle were made with the Flower Fair Framelits:


The stem and leaves are the wattle, the smaller five-sided flower are the feet, and the feathers are just larger petals in layers of Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry.

I made his body using the 1⅜” circle punch and his head with the small oval punch. His eyes are from the Owl Builder punch.

Thanks for looking. Check back tomorrow for the next project for the week.

And don't forget that today is the last day to Stamp, Stock and Save! What a deal. Envelopes, Cardstock and Ink Pads on sale! Plus 5 select stamp sets. The sale ends at Midnight Mountain Time tonight, so hurry!

Until next time, stay crafty,

Alison




No comments:

Post a Comment