Thursday, November 6, 2014

High School Spirit: Rah Rah Rah!

M&Ms in a cello bag isn't a new idea; nor is adorning its top with something pretty, but I still thought I'd share my idea for the craft fair. I will be making these in local schools' colors. The tops are quick, though as my mother found out, stuffing the M&Ms is the tedious part.




It's a straight-forward design. I used the star framelits to punch the stars out. Once I did that, I had an abundance of purple stars, so I made its compliment. Waste nothing! 

Speaking of wasting nothing, I have a tip to help you save on some of your more pricey products:

Here's my TIP:
I wanted to add the "bling" of the champagne glimmer paper, but I didn't want to waste the part that wouldn't be seen. Here's what I did:

Step 1: I punched my 1 3/4" circle 


and I ended up with this:


Step 2: I punched my scallop around the circle


and I ended up with this:


Step 3: I attached the scallop to the back of the topper and then covered it up


Because I used the 1 3/4" circle punch for the Crushed Curry cardstock to peek through the star front, the scalloped circle fit perfectly around it. Then I punched a 2" circle in Elegant Eggplant for the back to make it all neat and pretty.

 
Now I have circles that I can use for other projects (and you'll get to see it tomorrow), and I still get the bling for my topper!

Here's the materials list. Just click on the image to be taken to my online store. Your purchases will be shipped right to your door!
Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow I will post another tag and show you what I did with that circle.

Until then, stay crafty!

Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment