Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Many Merry Stars Simply Created Kit

Today I want to show you another item I'll be selling at the Craft Fair in Sherman this Sunday. It is from 10-3 at the Sherman Athletic Club (300 S. 1st Street). I modified the stars in the Many Merry Stars Simply Created Kit, and I love how they turned out.



The kit was designed to make boxes. Tons of boxes. 26, in fact.  And they're super cute. The pieces in the kit are die cut and pop right out. To make the stars into boxes, there are self-adhesive die-cut sides, too. The cardstock is a heavy-weight craft paper, which can stand up to a lot of manipulation. But there are also glitter stars, which I used to make a tree topper:


The stars vary in size, and the largest is huge and would make a great mantle topper.

But as much as I love star boxes, I wanted to double my yield out of this kit. Remember my conservation kick?

I took the tops and bottoms of each star box and made ornaments out of them. That means I'll get over 50 stars. Yay!

To give them a little more oomph, I scored each one to make them look like barn stars.

For a great tutorial on how to do this, I watched this YouTube video. I even covered some of my "plain" stars in Mod Podge, as she suggested, and it worked pretty well. Unfortunately, I only had spray, and I didn't get the coverage I wanted, but after 4 or 5 coats, I was getting close. I ditched the idea, though and moved on to my stars in the kit. Here's the video:



In the kit, we also get tons of embellishments, including these gorgeous wooden snowflakes, which I used glue dots to adhere to the front of each star. I figured if anyone wanted to gift these, I would need to package them, so I used the  Decorative Window Gift Box. It fits the star ornament perfectly, and we get to see what's inside. Love it!


If you want to see these up close and personal, you'll just have to come out to the craft fair on Sunday. If you can't, then you can just order one. Better yet, make it yourself. Just buy the kit and you'll have everything you need.

Thanks for looking. Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment