Thursday, May 1, 2014

Annie's Birthday Card Part 2: Enter Project Life


So, this morning, after I finished Annie's birthday card, I took a picture and posted it here; after that, I got ready to go to work. I was walking out the door wondering how much time after work I would have to write in her card before she got off the bus. I looked at the clock and realized I had enough time to run downstairs and put a piece of white cardstock on the inside so it would be ready to write in when I walked in the door around 3:00.

As a reminder, here is the front of her card:


Now, honestly, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about what I put on the inside of cards. I usually slap a piece of lighter paper in there so I can quickly jot a note with a ball-point pen. So, I was walking to my rack of Whisper White when my eyes fell on the Project Life box I got the other day. As it happens, the colors I picked for Annie's card coordinated perfectly (I wish I could take credit for planning this). 

I paused at the note cards, pulled them out and realized they were sized nicely to lie on the inside of the greeting card. Hmmm, the colors were perfect, the sentiment was ideal. 

But I hesitated. I wanted the Project Life for my scrapbooking, not for cards. I hated to "waste" them.

Whoa . . . BRAINSTORM!

After Annie reads her card, what is she going to do with it? The same thing we all do with them: put them in drawers or (GASP) toss them. What if, after her party, I took her card cut it in half to PUT IN THE PHOTO POCKET PAGES??!! I could get pictures from her birthday, put them in there, too, and then the card becomes a keepsake! I'm so excited!!




I pulled out two notecards in different sizes and layered them over each other and used a piece of the Gingham Garden Washi to hold them together. I will journal in it before she gets home (with my new journaling pens, of course!), but now that I know it will be archived, I will write a thoughtful note rather than a scratch of "Happy Birthday Kid," or something like that.

So, there you go. I have had Project Life for less than a week and I've already found another use for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment