Friday, May 16, 2014

Swallowtail Week: Day 5

I will feature five projects this week (one each day, M-F), and you can have them (yes, completed projects!) either one of two ways:
1. Order the "Stamp of the Week" bundle to get the clear mount stamp set and the five completed projects

2. Order the "Cards of the Week" to get the completed projects on their own.


Click on the Tabs at the top of the website for more information.

Today's project is a play on Monday's with the wings of the butterfly flying off the page, but with today's card, the wings are made of vellum.

This card took some time, I'm not gonna lie. And I didn't really have a plan for it when I started. I thought I'd try stamping the butterfly directly on the vellum in Elegant Eggplant.

Well, the vellum takes so long to dry, that after blowing on it with the heat tool, I got impatient and just flipped the vellum upside down on a piece of Whisper White to try the vellum off.

When I pulled the vellum off, what was left on the whisper white was a pretty cool image of the butterfly on the white card. It was kind of "sketchy" and soft, so I decided to use it! I pulled out my Crushed Curry marker and a Blender Pen. Then I added Elegant Eggplant with my Blender Pen and liked the finished product. I was all done (I thought).

When I went to adhere the swallowtail to its card stock base, my eyes fell on the vellum butterfly that I had forgotten.

It was dry.

Hmm.

So, I started to color it, too, again not knowing what I was going to do with it. When I was done, I held the vellum over the original and kind of liked the effect, but it covered up the details, and I didn't want that.

I eventually got out my snips and started cutting. This is what evolved:


I hope you like it! I think it's my favorite of the week. 

Materials List:
Whisper White Card Stock
Crushed Curry Ink
Elegant Eggplant Ink




Thanks for looking, and check back later today for sneak peeks at Sunday's Stamp Club projects!

Interested in the Stamp of the Week? Click HERE for more information




No comments:

Post a Comment