Hi there! I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, a college English professor, a mom to Annabelle (12) and Henry (9), and a wife to Eric (um . . .). I craft for fun and sanity. I am so glad you came to see my playful designs using ink and fibers. If you like what you see, please follow me online or come to my classes in Springfield, IL!
I adore this card. Sometimes a project speaks to you, and this one does to me. The combination of colors and textures just worked.
As for how it's made: it's pretty straightforward.
1. Stamp the flower in Early Espresso on Soft Suede background.
2. Stamp the bird on a scrap piece of soft suede and cut her out with Paper Snips
3. Strip some of the Burlap Ribbon to get the "fringy" part
4. Layer the Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon on top of the burlap
5. Stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss and punch it out with the Label Bracket Punch
6. Sponge Mossy Meadow around and then adhere it to the ribbons
7. Place your bird where you want her and then place Pearls on your sentiment
I hope you like this project! If you do, check out my two tabs at the top of this page: "Stamp of the Week" or "Cards of the Week" for more information about how to get this and other projects featured this week. Thanks for looking, Alison