Monday, July 28, 2014

Stamp of the Week . . .


If you think these adorable stamps are only "borders," think again! As soon as I saw this set, the largest stamp reminded me of waves, so as soon as I got it, I made a "sea" card.  


Ha, ha! I love puns! For the ink, I took my cue from the DSP I used for the letters: Flower Pot


I stamped the Lost Lagoon first; then I stamped Night of Navy slightly under it. Because these border stamps are photopolymer, getting your image right where you want it is super easy.


Once I had my waves, I used my Big Shot to cut out my letters using my Little Letters Thinlit Dies.

I then wanted a little shimmer (you know, the way waves "shimmer" in the sun? Yeah, me neither, but I thought it'd be pretty), so I put Dazzling Diamonds around the edge with my 2-way Glue pen. As luck would have it, the Dazzling Diamonds stuck to the edges of my letters, too, because they were a tad sticky from my adhesive. I think it's cool!

Now, at this point, I thought my card was done. I had my pun and my “sea.” Tromping upstairs to show my husband my cute creation met with some confusion. My hubby said the "waves" didn't "read" as the "sea"--whatever that means. Blech.

He said it needed a fish (along with an island, a ship, and a whole host of other things that were ridiculous). I went with the fish idea and punched a little oval and a heart out of Tangerine Tango. Again, I thought this card was done, and joyfully displayed it to my mom who was sitting beside me. She said my fish needed an eye.

Seriously?

Fine. I put a googly eye on him. Ok, ok, I do think he's cuter with an eye.

I hope you like this project! It was fun to make and even more fun to collaborate with my family.

Materials List:
Whisper White and Tangerine Tango Cardstock
Lost Lagoon and Night of Navy Ink

Thanks for looking, and don't forget to check back tomorrow for the next day in "Boutique Borders" Week!


Interested in the Stamp of the Week? Click on the "Stamp of the Week" tab at the top of this page. Interested in just the projects without the stamp? Click on the "Cards of the Week" tab at the top of this page.






No comments:

Post a Comment