Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Give Thanks Sponging

Here's a simple project that one of my new stampers said was "so relaxing to make!"
She is so new, in fact, she had never held a stamp in her hand. Dear me, the horror!

And, if that's not testament enough to how easy this card is, my six-year-old son Henry made this very card. Yes, this one. The one I'm showing you a picture of right now. I didn't even change it or "fix" it! Well, I put the thread through the button, but that's it!
I didn't really have a plan on where the colors would go. I just got out a whole bunch of autumnal colors. It was Henry who picked up the Hello Honey to sponge the sky.

I immediately wanted to intercept him. A yellow sky? That's just weird. 

Then I saw it and I loved it. I need to stop being a grown up and see the world through the eyes of a six-year-old more often.

The ground colors are Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler. I added a little Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler to the top of the sky, just to add a little depth.

The stamp set is Lovely as a Tree, and the cardstock is Mossy Meadow and Early Espresso.

I have to remind myself that this is all about "play." There is no "wrong" way to color a sky. Chill, mom, as my kids would say.

Just chill.

Thanks for looking. Tomorrow I will show the fun things I've been doing with my Many Merry Stars Simply Created Kit!

Thanks for looking. Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment