Monday, November 10, 2014

Mosaic Christmas

Apparently I've been in a conservation frame-of-mind lately. A number of my posts have been about reusing/recycling and conserving product. Well, today is no different. Today is all about using up those scraps. I had a manageable tidy little stack of scraps until recently. Then, all of a sudden, it looked like the cardstock fairy had come and vomited all over my craft room. 






To be honest, I didn't pan out to show you the whole room. It only gets worse.



I took all the tiny strips I saved (heaven knows why!) and tried to design a project around them. Here is the finished project:


And here are the "how-tos":

Step 1: Punch your tree and then position your top layer where you want it on the base layer.

Step 2: Trace the tree on the base layer (this is so you'll know roughly where your tree will peek through.


Step 3: Play with your pieces!





Fun, right? And, it's so simple. 

I only used two products for this card, too. The Cheerful Tags stamp set and the Tree Punch. The base layer of cardstock is Soft Suede and the top layer is Crumb Cake, and I used Soft Suede ink.

I hope this inspires you to use up all your scraps! I am going to sell this card at the Craft Fair this Sunday along with other goodies I will reveal this week. Stay tuned for more fun stuff.

Thanks for looking!

Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison 

No comments:

Post a Comment