Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

Henry chose to make his valentines this year, which made me SO happy! The 9-year-old daughter wanted store-bought (sigh).

I let Henry decide colors and shapes, but I helped him piece it all together. He wanted stars (NOT hearts!--he is a boy, after all). And everything had to be blue (again--boy).

He saw the pieces from the Paper Pumpkin kit this month and picked the banners and one of the stamps.

Then we spent two days cutting out 30 stars with the Big Shot. I say "we," but it was all Henry. The Big Shot is his favorite toy, and he loves the magnetic platform to get framelits positioned just perfectly.

After a few design trials, here is the finished product:



This really was a team effort. I stamped each banner and adhered it to the star. Henry punched each heart out of glimmer paper, but I adhered them. He put each star on the front of each paper, but I cut and scored each piece.  He was proud of the end result, and I had so much fun doing these with him.

We spent two evenings making these. Then Henry spent two more evenings writing them. I was so happy to spend this time with him, and he felt incredibly proud once they were all done. 

I hope you have a lovely day (a day filled with love!). 

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment