Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's APRIL!

It felt like spring was never going to arrive. But here it is. This is a glorious April 1st with the high predicted to be in the mid seventies. Oh my goodness! 

In honor of the season, I have an adorable Easter project to share. It's a 4x4 card and a coordinating envelope:


I sponged on the Irresistably Yours DSP (I hope you got some before SAB ended yesterday!) in Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding. 

Then I inked my stamp from the For Peep's Sake using my Calypso Coral, Hello Honey& Lost Lagoon markers.

I ran it through the Big Shot using my Magnetic Platform (on SALE this week!!) and my Deco Labels Framelits. I was so excited to see how perfectly that framelit lined up with my stamp. After I sponged around the edges in Calypso Coral, I layered it on top of a Tea Lace Paper Doily.

Of course I also had to make a coordinating envelope using my Envelope Punch Board. Making the envelope was easy. I just found the right size on my board and followed the directions. (I used Crisp Cantaloupe.)


I cut my paper at 6 7/8 by 6 7/8 and then made my first score line at 3 1/2 just as the board indicated. No problem. But I thought the envelope needed more. It was too bland. I had some (gasp!) retired DSP from years ago that worked perfectly. The only problem was how to get it layered in there just right. Well, here's how:


This measurement fits perfectly inside a 4 by 4 envelope. 


Look how nicely that came out!



Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you're inspired to make something today!

Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment