Wednesday, April 6, 2016

You Need This Punch

This Decorative Label Punch is 25% off this week. I can't imagine why; it's such a fantastic punch that I don't think I go a week without using it.

Am I exaggerating? Not really.

Here is a perfect example:

This weekend, my husband fondly reminisced about childhood mornings with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on his buttery toast.

"I don't suppose you could mix some of that up, could you?" he asked. 
Why don't you do it? I thought to myself. It's cinnamon. and sugar. 
Ugh. Boys. 
Um, I mean, Men.

So being the loving (not resentful) wife I am, I happily blended some cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. 

Then what?

Oh, I had just used up all my cardamom and still had the bottle in the recycling bin. Now, if my husband were doing this, he would wash it out and put the cinnamon sugar in the bottle and leave the label, hoping no one would notice it's not cardamom. 

But, I am not my husband (in sooo many ways).

A little retired DSP and that Decorative Label Punch with a Victorian font downloaded from Fontspace.com (love that site) and voila!


Ok, don't look too closely. I ended up with two seams, so I tried to cover it up with the label, and NO ONE in my house will notice, but if I had known I was going to photograph my spice jar when I made it, I would have made sure to do a more "profesh" job. But, that's how we roll at our house: visible seams.

At any rate, you get the idea. You need this punch for everything from crafting to labeling your spices. 


I would love to hear from you, too! How do you use this punch, if you have it. If you don't, then you must buy it and hypothesize on the many ways you will use it. 

I hope you found inspiration today!

Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment