Monday, December 22, 2014

A Great Neighbor Gift: Christmas Tags!

I don't know about you, but I don't think I can cram another cookie in my mouth. At least I probably shouldn't. I thought instead of the traditional plate of cookies, I'd gift some tags to friends, family and neighbors this season.

Tags are a great way to use up the nifty little pieces you have laying around. Remember those Petite Cafe Gift Bags I made for the teachers a few days ago? I used my Star Framelits to make a peek-a-boo window in each bag. If you remember, I had quite a few "errors" before I finally figured out the best method. All those errors yielded me a bunch of stars:

Click here to go to the original post!

I used my Cheerful Tags stamp set for the center of the star, and then added a Rhinestone. I layered it atop a 1¾ inch circle in Cherry Cobbler, and added a strip of the ⅞ Cotton Ribbon. This was the first time I'd used that ribbon, and it really caught me off guard. I thought it'd be rougher or thicker, but it was soft, supple and perfect for this project. I highly recommend it!


For the next tag, I used the Festival of Trees Bundle. These came together so quickly! I used my 2½ inch Circle Punch for the base. Then I added a strip of the Nordic Noel DSP. The Real Red 3/8" Satin Woven Ribbon topped the whole thing off.




Remember the post where I said I'd use the "negative" images of the snowflakes from my Paper Pumpkin kit? Well, here you go: 
Click here to go to the original post!

And finally, a surprise! Here is a sneak peek at a cute stamp set from the upcoming occasions catalog. It's a little house that coordinates with the What's Up? Punch. You can't get it yet (unless you're a demonstrator), but starting January 6 , it can be yours. I think the idea was for it to be a cute little birdhouse, but when I saw it, I thought it looked like a little gingerbread house. The trees are also from the Cheerful Tags set.


That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by. Now, go make something!

Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment