Monday, December 22, 2014

A Great Neighbor Gift: Christmas Tags!

I don't know about you, but I don't think I can cram another cookie in my mouth. At least I probably shouldn't. I thought instead of the traditional plate of cookies, I'd gift some tags to friends, family and neighbors this season.

Tags are a great way to use up the nifty little pieces you have laying around. Remember those Petite Cafe Gift Bags I made for the teachers a few days ago? I used my Star Framelits to make a peek-a-boo window in each bag. If you remember, I had quite a few "errors" before I finally figured out the best method. All those errors yielded me a bunch of stars:

Click here to go to the original post!

I used my Cheerful Tags stamp set for the center of the star, and then added a Rhinestone. I layered it atop a 1¾ inch circle in Cherry Cobbler, and added a strip of the ⅞ Cotton Ribbon. This was the first time I'd used that ribbon, and it really caught me off guard. I thought it'd be rougher or thicker, but it was soft, supple and perfect for this project. I highly recommend it!


For the next tag, I used the Festival of Trees Bundle. These came together so quickly! I used my 2½ inch Circle Punch for the base. Then I added a strip of the Nordic Noel DSP. The Real Red 3/8" Satin Woven Ribbon topped the whole thing off.




Remember the post where I said I'd use the "negative" images of the snowflakes from my Paper Pumpkin kit? Well, here you go: 
Click here to go to the original post!

And finally, a surprise! Here is a sneak peek at a cute stamp set from the upcoming occasions catalog. It's a little house that coordinates with the What's Up? Punch. You can't get it yet (unless you're a demonstrator), but starting January 6 , it can be yours. I think the idea was for it to be a cute little birdhouse, but when I saw it, I thought it looked like a little gingerbread house. The trees are also from the Cheerful Tags set.


That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by. Now, go make something!

Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison